105 Celebrating a 50 Year Career in Surveying with Kathryn Ladley
Kathryn Ladley has over 50 years of experience in the construction industry, by profession as a quantity surveyor and project manager. She is also an Associate Director at NPS Leeds, one of the founder members of QSi, and the first female President of SCQS. She is married with two children and two grandchildren.
In this episode, we discuss her career path, how she dealt with gender disparity, and the challenges that arose as a woman surveyor and working mum – as well as the lessons she learnt during her 50-year career and the support she received along the way.
What we cover:
- Why she believes women make good surveyors
- The concept of work-life integration (rather than work-life balance)
- Her involvement in the setup of an Intelligent Client Unit within Leeds City Council
- Connecting with RICS members
- How surveying changed over the years
- The future of construction and technology
- The values that drive us forward – why do we do what we do and what motivates us
Connect with Kathryn Ladley:
Connect with Marion:
- Business for Good: Home - B1G1: Business For Good
- Our Impact: When business is about people, planet and profit, in that order, everyone wins.
- Society of Construction & Quantity Surveyors
- The QSi for Quantity Surveyors
- Miscarriage Association
- Working Wise - Building Resilience by Kathryn Ladley
- Code checklist to include the provision of female sanitary products from 2023
The Surveyor Hub: