106 Building a Career in Residential Surveying with Ian Bullock
Ian Bullock is an RICS Chartered Surveyor and Valuer and is Managing Director of Carpenter Surveyors, a practice specialising in all things residential property and real estate - RICS Survey & Valuation for private and secured lending clients and Expert Witness reports.
In this episode, we discuss Ian's career path, what made him decide to move from a corporate to an SME environment, the pros and cons of working for both, and his new business venture - Surventrix.
What we cover:
- His career journey, starting on the Countrywide Surveyors TechRICS trainee program after university and then jointly running his business, Carpenter Surveyors.
- Working in a corporate environment versus for an SME – pros and cons.
- Why Ian decided to leave his corporate career to join an SME environment.
- How to deal with complaints/claims
- Reporting – how easy and accessible are surveyors’ reports?
- Information sharing and support within the industry – what’s lacking
- How Carpenter Surveyors evolved over the years
- Talking about his new venture – Surventrix (Proptech) – a software solution for the surveying and finance sector designed by surveyors for surveyors.
Connect with Ian Bullock:
Connect with Marion:
- Business for Good: Home - B1G1: Business For Good
- Our Impact: When business is about people, planet and profit, in that order, everyone wins.
The Surveyor Hub:
- Watch The Surveyor Hub Webinars
- Join the Facebook Community
- Watch the Women in Surveying Virtual Summit
- Please show your support by buying me a coffee
- Find out more at www.lovesurveying.com
- Sign up for podcast reminders and Love Surveying weekly news here