045 Professionalism in Surveying with Peter Bolton King
Peter Bolton King (FRICS FNAEA FIRMP) is a freelance trainer and consultant. Until September 2020, he was the Global Director of Professionalism and Ethics at the RICS.
Peter started work in 1973 with Locke & England. After qualifying as a Chartered Surveyor, he became the firm’s youngest ever partner.
He served as the CEO of the National Federation of Property Professionals in the UK from 2003 to 2012, a post he held before joining the RICS.
He is also part of the RICS’ Regulation of Property Agents (RoPA) team.
What We Cover:
- The benefits of qualifying as a Chartered Surveyor parallel to working in the industry
- What resilience training for young professionals means
- Professionalism and ethics in the surveying industry
- Differences in professional standards and ethics across cultures
- The work of RoPA and upgrading regulations
Connect with Peter Bolton King:
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-bolton-king-183a4222/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/peterboltonking
Connect with Marion Ellis
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/marion-ellis-frics-ccxp/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/marionsurveyor/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/marionsurveyor/
- RICS Global Professional and Ethical Standards https://www.rics.org/globalassets/rics-website/media/upholding-professional-standards/standards-of-conduct/the-global-professional-and-ethical-standards.pdf
- Regulation of Property Agents Working Group Report https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulation-of-property-agents-working-group-report
- National Federation of Property Professionals (NFoPP) http://www.nfopp.co.uk/
- The Surveyor Hub Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.surveyor.hub.bluebox.partners