092. From Corporate Surveyor to Surveying Business Owner
How to transition from being a corporate surveyor to being a surveying business owner.
This is what your host chartered surveyor, industry coach and mentor Marion Ellis and Paul Hawkins discuss at length in today's episode.
Paul is the Co-Director of a general surveying practice - called North and Hawkins Building Consultancy - over in Norfolk and a member of the Love Surveying Business Club which they also discuss in the podcast.
Marion and Paul cover various topics including:
- Quinquennial inspections on residential properties around Norwich Cathedral.
- The importance of local knowledge and how to balance your skills in a general surveying practice
- Moving from being a corporate surveyor to being a surveying business owner
- Finding freedom working for yourself
- Confidence, networking and building your brand
- And also how to take a holiday - which we know some small business owners struggle with.
We hope you enjoy this conversation!
And if you want to learn more about how you can work with Marion, either through the Mastermind or the Business Club, please look at her website.
- Sign up for podcast reminders and Love Surveying weekly news here
- Join the Love Surveying Mastermind here
Connect with Marion:
Connect with Paul:
The Surveyor Hub:
- Watch The Surveyor Hub Webinars
- Join the Facebook Community
- Watch the Women in Surveying Virtual Summit
- Show your support by buying me a coffee
- Find out more at www.lovesurveying.com